- 1. How to choose the best pet camera
- 2. Top 10 Best Pet Cameras
- 3. FAQs
- 4. Final Verdict
A great and convenient way to keep an eye on your pets and interact with them when you are away is by getting the best pet camera. Such a camera should allow you to see what your pet is doing and also talk to him so that you can stop him from acting mischievously. In addition to that, it should alert you instantly in case of movements so that you can have an idea of what your pet is up.
To help you narrow down to the best pet monitoring cameras, we shall review the best units on the market and give you an idea of the features you should look out for. Keep reading so that you can choose the right camera without having to spend a lot of time researching.
How to choose the best pet camera
Before providing you with a review of the best pet cameras, I will provide you with a buyer’s guide that will help you select the best pet cam for your home. After all, we have different reasons we need a pet cam, and the best way to buy an ideal camera is by selecting one that will satisfy such needs.
Therefore, consider these features so that you can be sure to choose the best product among our reviewed products.
The first tip that will help you select the best camera for your pets is by getting a camera with a high resolution. Note that the higher the resolution, the better the quality of the videos and the images. So, if you want to see what your pet does, do not forget to get a high-resolution camera. After all, some of the cameras can serve as nanny cams, baby cams, or cameras to tell you when an intruder shows up. So, better opt for one with a high-resolution so that you can get a clear idea of what that is going on.
Another feature that will help you choose the right pet cam is by selecting one that supports a two-way audio. In particular, such a camera should let you hear your pet while it should allow him/her to hear you talk. That way, you can be sure to correct his behavior and strengthen your bond even when out of the house.
Apart from the two-way audio, a good pet cam should feature a treat dispenser. Such a dispenser allows you to reward your pet by giving him treats remotely. Therefore, better opt for such a feature if you want to increase the bond between you and the pet since he/she will feel your company when you fling treats at him.
Sound and motion detection
Do you want to know whether your pet is active or not? If that is the case, you will need to get a camera with a sound and motion detector. Such as a detector allows you to know in real time when an intruder gets into the house or when the pet is active. Therefore opt for this feature and a push-email notification too, so that you can get an idea of the sound and motion detection in real time.
Wide angle view
The best pet video camera should have a wide-angle view. The reason behind this is to allow you to monitor a big part of the room with a few cameras. Therefore, check out for a camera that provides a wide view and better yet, a pan and tilt function so that you can monitor your pet from different parts of the house.
If you want to keep an eye on your pet at night, then you should get a pet camera with a night vision feature. That way, you can see clear pictures at night so that you do not have to worry about your pet when you are late to get back home.
- Installation needs – What does the pet camera need so that you can install it? You should note that pet cameras have different needs from the wifi band to the operating system of the smartphone. Therefore, pay attention to these so that you can be sure that you can afford the compatible devices.
- Entertainment capability – Apart from keeping an eye on your pet, you will want to entertain him/her from time to time so that he can feel your company. Therefore, look for a cat camera that features a laser for instance. That way, you can play games with a cat so that she is not lonely in the house.
- SD card slot – A microSD card slot is another feature that will assure you of getting the best pet video camera. Think about it; sometimes, you are likely to get busy to the point that you will not have the time to observe your pet. In such instances, it will be best if you can record the videos of what that is going on so that you will not miss any moment. Therefore, get a camera that features an SD card slot and be sure that it will support the storage size of the card.
- Zoom feature – A zoom feature is another addition that will let you get a clear detail of what that is happening in the video or picture. Though it is not very important when looking for a pet cam, it is crucial if you want the pet camera to serve as a security camera. The reason is to allow you to zoom the face of an intruder so that it is easy to identify him. So, pay attention to that if you are in need of a multi-purpose unit.
Top 10 Best Pet Cameras
Keep your furry friend close wherever you are with Furbo Dog camera. It works using the Furbo iOS/Android app which supports a 2-way chat system and a back alert. The chat system allows you to hear when your dog is barking while it also allows him/her to hear you talking right from your smartphone. On the other hand, the barking alert acts to send push notifications to your smartphone when it detects barking so that you can have an idea of what that is happening back at the house.
Apart from that, this dog camera features a treat tosser. Because of this, you can fill it with over 100 pieces of your dog’s favorite treats via the Bamboo wood cover so that you can play a game of catch to keep him busy. You can be sure to see quality pictures when using this pet cam, thanks to the 1080P camera. Better yet, the camera features a night vision that lets you see clear pictures of the pet at night and a 160º wide-angle view that allows you to spot your pet from different positions.
Another advantage of Furbo Pet Camera is that it uses the Dog Recognition Technology that sends you a person alert, dog activity alert, and a dog selfie alert. The camera is easy to set up since all it requires is for you to plug it into a power outlet using the USB cord, download Furbo iOS/Android app, and connect the camera to your home wifi.
- The camera is easy to set up.
- It provides clear images using the 1080p camera.
- The camera provides enough room to allow you to store over 100 pieces of dog treats.
- A two-way chat feature allows you and the dog to listen and talk to each other simultaneously.
- The camera comes with a free smart dog alert trial.
- Some users complain about a delay from the time of sending a treat to the time it is dispensed.
- Other complain that it doesn’t offer enough room to hold treats.
Monitor and treat your pets remotely using Petcube Bites pet video camera. The camera allows you to stream 1080pHD video from your smartphone. Also, it lets you view your pet from different directions since it features a 138° wide-angle view while it lets you to zoom due to the 3x zoom feature.
Due to the included treat dispenser that flings 1-5 treats at a time, you can be sure to keep your pet busy and feeling loved. The dispenser is compatible with a variety of treats including dry, and crunchy cat/dog treats. You can get this wifi pet camera when you want to strengthen the bond between you and your fur friend. The reason is the two-way audio system that allows you to hear and speak to your pet remotely.
The sound and motion detection is another advantage of the pet cam since it acts to send a notification on your smartphone wherever sound or motion is detected. The pet monitoring camera is easy to mount since you can mount it on the wall or place it on the table top. Also, it is easy to set up where it requires 2.4GHz WiFi, and iOS 9.3/Android 5.1 or higher versions.
- A treat dispenser lets you fling 1-5 treats at various distances.
- A 1080 HD resolution allows you to view clear videos and images.
- Good-quality night vision allows you to view clear videos at night.
- A 138° wide-angle view provides a larger view area.
- Two-way audio allows conversation between you and the pet remotely.
- Sound and motion detection and push-email notification allow for real-time notifications.
- The camera looks good and modern.
- It is quite difficult to set up.
- The treat thrower dispenses treats inconsistently.
3. Zmodo 1080p HD Cloud Cams
Wireless Kid and Pet Monitoring Security Camera with Smart Motion Alerts
Another video camera set that you will fall in love with is 1080p HD Cloud Cams from Zmodo. The cameras come as a set of two 1080p full HD pet cams. One of the cameras serves as the best pet video camera for an outdoor setting while the other serves as the best Wi-Fi pet camera for indoor settings.
You can use the cameras to monitor both kids and pets wherever you are and during the day and night. The reason behind this is the night vision that lets you see clear videos in low-light settings; up to 26 feet away while using the indoor cam and up to 65 feet while using the outdoor cam.
The indoor camera supports a 144° angle of view while the outdoor one supports a 90° angle of view. With these cameras, you can receive instant alert notifications right on your smartphone when something such as motion is detected. Also, you can record on meShare cloud so that you can easily customize the videos.
- The camera delivers high-quality videos using the 1080p full HD resolution.
- It is easy to install.
- Instant notification alerts you in case an intruder gets into the house.
- The camera delivers an excellent sound quality using the two-way audio.
- The camera connects to 2.4 GHz wifi only.
Stay together and play together with your pet even while you are away with Pawbo Life Wi-Fi Pet Camera. The camera includes a variety of features that make it one of the best pet video cameras, our favorite feature being Pawbo life app that allows you to control multiple cameras using one application, or control one pet cam simultaneously by up to eight online users. The camera provides high-quality videos with a high resolution of up to 720p.
Also, it can record your pet while he/she is in different locations due to the 130° wide-angle lens. You can also zoom the recorded video for a clear and precise view since it supports 4x digital zoom. The camera’s built-in microphone and speaker is another addition so that you can talk and listen to your pet anywhere and anytime. You can use this camera to snap photos and share them on social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram or Twitter instantly since it supports instant social sharing.
In addition to that, you can use it when you want to play with your pet since it features a laser game and a treat dispenser that lets you reward your cat with his/her favorite treats. You can be sure to have an easy time when you need to set up this cat camera since it supports iOS 8 or the later versions. Also, it is compatible with Android 4.0.3 or the later versions. The camera requires a 802.11b/g/n(2.4GHz) connectivity with WPA2-AES encryption.
- The camera connects fast to smartphones.
- It is easy to set up.
- It allows you to talk to your pet remotely through the built-in microphone.
- The camera connects up to 8 users simultaneously.
- It lets you share the images you take in social media instantly.
- A built-in laser allows you to play with pets remotely.
- A built-in dispenser lets you treat your pets.
- The cameras angle is fixed on a certain point, so the range is limited.
- It is too small and easy for a cat to knock it down.
Cover more space but with fewer cameras, once you get this Wansview Wireless HD Camera. It features a 120-degree lens so that you will be able to see a bigger view. More to that is an adjustable base so that you can adjust the viewing angle manually to enable you to capture the entire room without having to tilt. You can be sure to view clear videos and images when using this pet camera, thanks to the 720p high-definition resolution.
On top of that, the cam features four IR LEDs that provide night vision so that you can check on your pet when he/she is standing 20 feet away. The camera doesn’t come with batteries meaning that you will need to connect the 8feet power cord to the power supply outlet. Also, it does not include a microSD card slot meaning that it is not suitable when you are in need of one that will store the videos.
The pet video camera can be used when mounted on the wall, ceiling, or placed on a table. It requires a reliable 2.4GHz wireless network that lets you connect it to your tablet, mobile phone, or PC via the Wansview App. You can use the camera when you want to speak and listen to your pet due to the built-in mic and speaker.
- An 8feet power cord enhances greater reach.
- It has a remarkably super-wide 120-degree viewing angle.
- An adjustable base enhances a multi-viewing experience.
- Intelligent IR-Cut switch ensures high-quality images even at night.
- An amazing video quality.
- The camera supports remote viewing via a variety of devices.
- It does not use batteries.
- No MicroSD card slot
Are you worried about your pet getting lonely alone in the house? With this play pet camera, it doesn’t have to be that way. The reason is that it features a built-in laser toy. This toy allows you to interact remotely with your pet so that you can keep him/her busy by controlling the toy from the phone. Whats more is that the toy allows you to set an autoplay mode so that the pet can stay entertained without your intervention.
Apart from the laser toy, the pet cam features a two-way audio feature that allows you to hear and speak to the pet when away. As a result, you can be sure to strengthen the bond between you and him. You can be sure to monitor your pets in clear HD video since the camera has a 1080p resolution. Apart from that, the camera features a night vision feature to allow you to keep watch of the pets at night.
Another plus of the camera is that it provides for a 138° wide-angle view so that you can monitor a large room without having to add extra cameras. Also, it supports the 3x zoom, meaning that you can view images more clearly so that you can see you fur friend while in a near-by place. The dog camera has a free cloud-based video storage that lets you see the last four hours of the video without subscribing.
For you to connect it, all you need is a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi and a smartphone running Android 5.1 or higher or iOS 9.3 or higher. The two connect via a Petcube App which integrates with social media networks such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter so that you can share photos online.
- The camera delivers great video and audio quality.
- A night vision allows you to get a clear view of the videos at night.
- A built-in laser toy allows you to interact with the pet remotely.
- You can hear and speak to your pet remotely.
- A free cloud-based video storage allows you to see the last four hours of the video without having to subscribe.
- The laser is not very responsive
Keep an eye on your pets when you are out of the house with TOOGE Pet Camera. It requires a quick 2.4G wifi connection where you can connect it via a smartphone, Windows PC, Android smartphone, iPhone or Tablet. Also, the smartphone supports Windows 7/24 video recording meaning that you can be sure to keep an eye on what that matters to you at any time.
Another feature that makes this pet camera one of the best pet cameras is its ability to provide a great day and night vision. The reason is its ten intelligent IR LEDs that supports night vision up to 16 feet so that you can see clear images and videos in the dark. You can also use the built-in ultra-responsive microphone so that you can benefit from stable communications with your fur-friend wherever you are.
The camera adopts the motion sensing technology with push alerts. Because of this, you can receive real-time activity alerts from the smartphone so that you can know when and where the motion was detected. You can get the camera when you want a wider view of your home, thanks to the horizontal 350° and the vertical 80°rotation.
Also, the camera supports a 4x digital zoom function that lets you zoom the images for a clearer view. With it, you can be sure that your data is safe, thanks to the P2P Tech with safe data that ensures that the data is saved locally and not in the server. The camera supports a micro sd card up to 64G via loop recording.
- An included bracket set makes it easy to set up.
- Intelligent IR-Cut switch ensures high-quality images during the day and night.
- Awesome picture quality.
- Set up takes a little time.
- Great camera range.
- The camera started beeping loudly in the middle of the night
- It does not connect to LTE or 4G networks
8. Yooan WiFi IP Camera
720P HD Wireless Camera Pet Monitor, Tilt with Motion Detection Two-Way Audio Night Vision
Why should you allow yourself to worry about your pet’s safety and behavior when you are out of home? I find no reason for this, since Yooan WiFi IP Camera can help you get rid of all the worries wherever you are. The camera adopts a HD 720p resolution assuring you of viewing clear videos and images. More to that is a 4x digital zoom meaning that you can be sure that it will present you with clear images of unfamiliar faces.
You can use the camera to check on your pet during the day and night thanks to the built-in IR LEDs. These lights provide a night vision up to 10 to 15m so that you can see clearly at night. Apart from that, the pet cam features a built-in mic and cam. This means that you can talk and listen to your pets remotely so that you can correct their behaviors.
The camera is a great choice when you want to get real-time notifications of the issues in your home since it supports real-time motion detection. Also, it is a great choice when you want to avoid many cameras in the house by getting a view of most parts in a room due to the remote pan/tilt that lets you get a 355° horizontal and 120° vertical rotation. The camera is compatible with 2.4G wifi. However, it doesn’t work with 5G wifi. Also, it supports MicroSD card recording and playback so that you will never miss important minutes.
- The camera delivers quality images and videos.
- It includes powerful IR LEDs to enhance excellent night vision.
- The built-in speaker is loud and clear.
- It provides a wide-range view.
- The camera supports real-time motion detection.
- Instructions are difficult to understand.
- The camera delays slightly when controlling it remotely.
Another camera that provides you with an assurance of acquiring the best pet monitoring camera is Takihoo wireless security camera. It provides complete coverage in crystal-clear images due to the 180° wide-angle field and the 720p high video resolution. In addition to that, it adopts a motion detection feature with push alert messages. This means that once it detects motion, you can expect to receive an instant message sent to the connected phone.
The camera is suitable for use during the day and night, thanks to the infrared night vision. Also, it is suitable when you want to talk to the pet back at home since it supports a two-way audio so that he and you can hear each other’s voice. You can record everything that happens in your home for later viewing, thanks to the camera’s ability to supports a MicroSD card up to 128GB. The camera requires a 2.4G WiFi setup using an Android or iOS app.
- Easy to install.
- It delivers super-clear images.
- It sends instant messages when it detects motion.
- The design blends nicely with modern decor designs.
- The camera supports a two-way audio feature.
- It supports micro-SD cards to store recorded video.
- Some users complain that the App isn’t user-friendly.
Get a full viewing experience with Safevant wireless security camera. It provides a stunning 360° full viewing experience where you can pan it horizontally up to 350° or tilt it vertically up to 100°. In addition to that, the camera allows for an 8x digital zoom which allows you to view all the required details. The camera features a super Hi-Vison AR lens that can stream video at 1280 x 720p HD quality. As a result, you can be sure to have it deliver clear and exquisite images.
What’s more is that it provides a 24/7 live surveillance and motion detection. This means that you can be sure to get notifications right on the phone when motion is detected. The camera adopts an IR-CUT smart system to allow you to get a continuous day/night surveillance. When it is using the night vision setting, it provides for a clear view up to 32 feet so that you can see the pets from a distance.
You can get this dog camera when looking for one that is easy to install since it supports a vertical wall mount and ceiling mount. In addition to that, you can get it when you want to stay in touch with your pets due to the built-in speaker and mic that allows you to listen and respond while watching. The camera requires a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi connection and a 64GB micro SD card for recording. It is a perfect choice when you want to keep the data safe due to the 1024bits financial level cloud encryption technology.
- The camera delivers nice-quality pictures and images.
- It provides the ability to tilt and pan it remotely.
- It supports a micro SD card up to 64GB.
- The camera provides a large viewing angle that eliminates the need for a lot of cameras.
- Easy to install where you can mount it on the wall or ceiling.
- Decent night vision feature makes it possible to monitor the house at night.
- Set up is quite difficult and it can take a lot of time.
Q: Can I install my pet camera outside?
Yes, you can. However, this is subject to several factors such as waterproof capability, and the night vision range. If your pet stays indoors, most of the time, it is best to have it inside unless you need it to serve as a security camera as well.
Q: Is a treat dispenser necessary?
The answer to this is subject to the reason you need the pet cam. For instance, if you want to strengthen the bond between you and your pet, then you will need a treat dispenser so that you can treat your pet remotely.
Q: Must I acquire a pet camera that has a high resolution?
Again this is subject to personal preference. However, I recommend 640×480 resolution if you want to get a clear detail of what your pet is up to. A higher resolution is crucial for those who are in need of the best pet video camera that will serve a multipurpose task such as a security camera.
Q: How do I know that the pet camera is easy to set up?
The easiest way to know this is when other customers state this in their reviews. However, the camera should be compatible with your wifi band and the system of your devices so that you do not have to incur additional costs when you want to set it up.
Q: Are these cameras completely wireless?
No, they are not. The cameras are wired to some point since they need to get plugged into a power outlet through a plug-in cable.
If you are a pet parent, you shouldn’t allow yourself to get anxious not knowing what your pet is doing at home. Moreover, you shouldn’t let your pet to get bored at home alone, the reason you should get the best pet cam that will let you interact with your pet remotely. So, whether you are in need of a camera that will allow you to play with your pet or treat it, then you can be sure to spot the right pet cam from the reviewed cameras.